Female music artists dominated the 63rd Annual Grammy Awards, as many of the major awards went to popular and rising female music icons, led by Beyonce. The former lead singer of the famous R&B group Destiny’s Child has now broken the record for having the most number of Grammy wins. After winning the Best R&B Performance for “Black Parade” Beyonce achieved her 28th Grammy award, besting Allison Krauss’ record for most Grammy wins.
Singer-songwriter Jhené Aiko was tasked to announce the winners during the premiere ceremony, while the main music event was emceed by Trevor Noah. Numerous artists led by Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Dua Lipa and Harry Styles, provided the music performances for their Grammy-recognized creations.
The following female artists received their respective award/s during the red carpet premiere night:
- Taylor Swift once again won her third Album of the Year for Folklore, making her the first female artist to do so for the third time and the third artist to achieve the feat for Album of the Year award.
- The Song of the Year award went to H.E.R for writing the song “I Can’t Breathe”;
- Megan Thee Stallion’s Savage won both Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance, making her the first woman rapper to receive an award this century;
- Billie Eilish along with her brother Finneas Baird O’Connell won Best Song Written for Visual Media as well as Record of the Year for “No Time to Die.”
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande won Best Pop duo/Group Performance with “Rain on Me”;
- Dua Lipa won Best Pop Vocal Album with her second studio album Future Nostalgia;
- Fiona Apple won Best Rock Performance with “Shameika” and Best Alternative Music Album with Fetch the Bolt Cutters;
- The Highwomen won the Best Country Song with “Crowded Table”;
- Brittany Howard’s Stay High earned her the Best Rock Song award
- Sara Jarosz’ World on the Ground garnered the Best Americana Album
- Mirana Lambert won Best Country Album award with Wildcard.
Partial List of Male Artists Who Won Major Grammy Awards
While the list of other Grammy winners is quite long, male artists who won major awards include:
- John Legend for Best R&B Album with Bigger Love;
- Harry Styles and his Watermelon Sugar got noticed as the Best Pop Solo Performance
- Nas for Best Rap Album with King’s Disease;
- Kaytranada for Best Dance/Electronic Album with Bubba and Best Dance Recording with “10%” ft. Kali Uchis;
- Body Count for Best Metal Performance with “Bum-Rush”;
- James Taylor for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album with American Standard and;
- The Strokes took the Best Rock Album award with The New Abnormal.