There are a few important things to consider before playing in public. The first is choosing a location. Busking is technically illegal in many countries, so you want to make sure you’re abiding by local laws. It’s best to check with your city’s official website to find out if there are any regulations, as well as where it’s okay to perform.
This is just among the numerous things you’re going to learn to increase your odds of getting tips as you perform.
Decide on a Location
Depending on where you live, you might be able to perform almost anywhere. In major cities, there are often designated performance areas. Outside of these specific areas, there might be a limit to how long you can play and/or where you can perform.
If there are no rules in your area, you can perform anywhere that has enough space for you to set up.
This includes parks, public squares, near tourist attractions, etc. It’s best to stay away from crowded areas where there isn’t much space.
Bring the Right Equipment
Before ever stepping outside, make sure you have everything you need. Almost every street performer will tell you that you need to plan to fail. That is, you should plan for everything to go wrong. Bring more than you think you need, just in case something goes wrong.
You don’t want to be in the middle of a performance and realize you forgot an important piece of equipment. You’ll have a much better experience if you’re prepared.
Aside from the onsite equipment you must bring, don’t forget about the tech gear you must invest in. See to it that you have Windows 10 key Reddit onto your computer. This will allow you to make edits to your performance and upload it on your social media accounts to expand your reach.
Here are a few things you should always have with you when performing outdoors:
- A stool or chair – This will keep your back straight while you play. You don’t want to have any long-term issues with your posture.
- A table – This will help make your set-up look more professional. It also makes your instrument easier to see.
- A sunscreen – You are outside, after all. With a sunscreen, you can get protection from UV rays.
- A hat – Again, this will protect your skin from the sun. It also makes you look more professional when you have a hat on. It will also help prevent your hair from getting too messy from the wind.
- A water bottle – Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Protect your voice by staying hydrated.