The music video is an artistic format that leaves plenty of scope for creativity. Depending on the aspired requirements and effort, a lot of knowledge regarding conception, organization and post-processing can be required from the production. However, a video collage or a stop-trick animation that can be produced with relatively little effort is also suitable as the basis for a music video.
Filming a Music Video with an Android Phone!
The music video is therefore suitable for both beginners and advanced users. Since adolescents usually like music and music videos, they usually find this format quickly. Check out camera tips for an improved music videos.
- First of all, make sure you have the right to use the music to publish your music video!
- Ensures that all movement sequences have been sufficiently rehearsed by the musicians and possibly also dancers before you start recording!
- When shooting playback recordings, make sure that all cameras record the playback sound either via an internal microphone or via a connection to the playback device of the playback recording so that all recordings can be synchronized as quickly and easily as possible during assembly.
- View the film recordings frequently through the shoot. Pay particular attention to the synchronicity of all movements. Use playback recording to do this.
- Ensures a good mix of the different voices and instruments on the mixer during live recordings and detects the sound total of the mixer with a camera or an external recording device.
Equipment and aids
- To record musicians while playing we require in any case one camera that has an available audio input or interior microphone and also all other equipment that we can use for filming (tripods, lighting)
- For music videos that are based on a studio recording, we need a playback device (preferably a notebook, an MP3 player, a smartphone or tablet) to which good speakers can be connected so that the musicians can hear the song on the set or the camera can record a song for later synchronization. With the player, it is a great advantage if you can jump back to certain parts of the song very easily. A CD player is therefore rather unsuitable.
- When using live recordings, the equipment that is also required for the documentation of a stage performance or a sporting event is used. In order to get a good sound recording, you should record the sound sum from the mixing console of the PA system with a camera or an external recording device. In addition, you can also attach action cameras to interesting positions (e.g. guitar head with a view of the guitar neck).
- When integrating other film formats, such as stop-trick animation or video collage, the necessary equipment is required.
We need a computer with editing software to assemble the music video. Since the sound is particularly important here, good stereo speakers or headphones are also an advantage.
If you are a music artist, pre-recording your music in a home studio will create better audio for your video. Also, if you are recording in your home studio, make sure there is proper soundproofing. For music home studios in the making, contact only the professionals like roofing contractors and soundproofing installers. For more tutorials on video making, you can consult Udemy courses to make it easier for you.