Most newbies in DJing go for only one laptop with a compact DJ controller. This choice is the cheapest you can get because purchasing an entire DJ setup can be very expensive. There are many free and open source DJ software applications and it could be a sensible way to figure out if djing is your cup of tea prior to making a huge investment in DJ equipment. Before we go any further, you may consider reading laptop reviews like the acer chromebook r 13 to match the laptop specs with your needs.
What to consider when choosing a laptop for Djing
To begin with, the majority of djing applications are generally not especially stressful, so it is not necessary for strong equipment. So most laptops you can possibly purchase today will work, and if you currently have a laptop computer, you may already be using it for djing. On the other hand, there are some things to reflect on when on the lookout for a laptop computer for djing: you do not need your laptop computer to lag or completely freeze during a live setup. That’s why you shouldn’t meet the lowest criteria, but make an effort to get the best specifications for your laptop. Here are some critical factors when deciding on a laptop specifically for your djing needs:
- Processor: Your laptop’s functionality is determined by its processor. The greater processing potential you have, the better functionality you can get because it is equipped for hefty software programs and multitasking. Get a laptop computer with an Intel i5 processor (minimum).
- RAM: Several Djing and sound applications can actually consume your memory. To ensure your laptop computer could do the job devoid of lag, we highly recommend a laptop with at least 8GB of RAM.
- Hard drive: There are two different types of hard drives, the traditional and solid state drives. To make your laptop computer even more responsive, obtain a laptop with a solid state drive. Alternatively, SSDs cost more and do not deliver all the storage space as classic hard drives.
- Connectivity: Note that you will have to hook up your laptop computer to various other sound systems, like a DJ controller. Make sure the laptop you choose has a minimum of 3 USB ports.
- Screen specifications and image resolution: Getting enough display size and image resolution is vital: this is exactly what you’re going to be looking at on a regular basis, so it must be snug. Nevertheless, it’s really a personal choice. But note that a bigger display screen has its rewards and drawbacks too, thus ponder over it prior to making a choice.
- Battery life: Mainly because transportability is the most significant benefit of Djing with a laptop computer, battery life must not be forgotten. For you to bring your music with you, select a laptop computer with good battery life.
Djing on laptops has its own pros and cons. With a laptop, you can carry your work and music wherever you go thanks to its compact system. On the other hand, working with only the touchpad and the keyboard is not a handy way to mix music. This is why professional DJs choose to use DJ controllers. Nonetheless, with the right laptop specifications, you can start DJing like a pro in no time.